Physio funded by the National Disability Insurance Scheme
Goodlife Physio is able to provide services to NDIS participants!
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is a government funded program that aims to empower individuals living with a disability. It is an investment in the health and wellbeing of individuals. The NDIS aims to improve accessibility to support services to improve independence, community participation, and employment opportunities and help individuals manage their disability/s.
In order to access the NDIS and become a participant of the service there are some steps that need to be taken. Below is a quick summary of the initial process, full information can be accessed via the NDIS website https://www.ndis.gov.au/ or phone: 1800 800 110. NDIS Local Area Coordinators can walk you through the process and stages of your NDIS pathway.
- Access Criteria:
- Follow the NDIS Access Checklist to check your eligibility https://www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist.html .
- Request Access:
- Contact the NDIS on 1800 800 110.
- A NDIS Representative will talk you through your application.
- You will be supplied with the necessary forms for you and your health professional to complete.
- Beginning your plan
- Once your application is approved you can begin creating your first plan.
- Your NDIS Representative or Local Area Coordinator will assist you with this.
- Include any goals and services you think are necessary to help you achieve them.
Already a participant?
Contact Goodlife Physio today. Be sure to notify reception you are an NDIS participant and please state your NDIS registration number and how your fund is being managed.
Please note as of JANUARY 2020 we can only see those NDIS participants who are:
- Self managed or
- Have an Accounts manager
We can no longer process payments through the My Place Portal
Be sure to bring your plan, NDIS registration material and any relevant supporting evidence forms that require completion by a physiotherapist along to your first appointment.
We look forward to working with you and helping you meet your treatment and functional goals! We hope we can help you improve and move better.
Remember: look after your body, it’s the only place you have to live!